We’ve speculated, pondered, questioned, conjectured, brainstormed, considered, guessed, mused, contemplated, and built castles in air over what the ‘Legacy System’ will be in The Old Republic. Well, it is not what anyone suspected!
Our loveable James Ohlen has confirmed exactly what the Legacy System will be in The Old Republic.
This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:
- Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters, on that server – so choose carefully!
- Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player’s Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.
We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy’s family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.
We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!
This was posted on the main SW:TOR site General Forums today. I, for one, never expected this and shall be planning my last name in this last month before the game is released.
adds some clarification on what how you can display the Legacy Name.
You can choose to do one of the following:
– Display your legacy name as your last name (“Raiel Firewalker”)
– Display your legacy name below your name
The Firewalker Legacy
– or choose to hide it altogether. This choice can differ per character.