With everything going on yesterday things could have been quite confusing, we posted a link to the client to download the game. Then had to remove it due to it being removed from the BioWare site, then BioWare put it back up an hour later. Then the early launch was moved up, preorders are a mess. Some will play for seven days, and then have to wait two to play it again. Anyway, just in case you missed it yesterday here is a quick and dirty recap of what’s going on with SWTOR’s launch.
- The Star Wars: The Old Republic head start program has been bumped up to the 13th. To all of you out there who took the 15th off to play SWTOR. BioWare doesn’t care; you get to play when you get home from work now. Or you’re taking a sick day.
- Early game access will start at 7:00 AM EST (most of us working class will miss it) “Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!”
- BioWare has worked it out with EU retailers to get you the game on the 15th this way you don’t have to worry about the grace period.
- Speaking of the grace period, BioWare has officially announced “there is no grace period,” we told you about it weeks ago after the Fan Site Summit.
- BioWare’s marketing team is currently working with US based retailers to get SWTOR out to the masses by the 20th instead of their current dates.
Dedmon contacted Amazon last evening who told him he will receive his physical box on the 22nd but hinted that they may be sending out the game codes by the 20th.
If anyone has contacted Origin about any of this, please let me know I’d like to update this post with Origin details. Actually I’d like to know more about other retailers as well.
If you have redeemed a preorder code you can now start downloading your game, BUT before you do. If you have played the game at some point between the end of the beta and Thanksgiving weekend, (that’s the weekend of November 25th for all you none US residents) there is no reason to uninstall your game if you don’t want to.
I think that sums it up. If I missed anything shoot me an email to update this bad boy. Samm@TOROcast.com
One of our guide writers jmaii contacted Origin requesting details on physical copies of SWTOR. Origin stated, while digital orders will have their code mailed to them on the 20th, they are doing their best to have the physical copies of the game in your hands by the 20th or earlier.
Thank god I ordered on Origin.